Sunday, September 30, 2007

The word from the President!


So I just finished a year of planning a conference and now I have to learn how to “blog”. I am sorry but I spend most of my time chasing teenagers and my eyesight is failing so fast I can barely see my computer screen. So here it goes. This is your chance to really let me have it for all the things that I have done wrong for the past 23 years. Go easy. I am a slow learner.

Adeline could not have said it better. So many of you who came to visit finally got a chance to see what we really do. We had been nose to the grindstone for many years. To step back and celebrate for just a minute makes it all worth it. Bob and I are understated to a fault but I have to say that my pride was palpable. Big thanks to all our staff who made us look so good. I can brag about them because the only job that I was given to prepare for the pig roast was to dig up the septic tank and have it pumped. I did my part! My only regret was that we were so busy giving tours at the creamery, I could only look longingly at brioche, fromage blanc and blueberry peach compote. My favorites.

Overall it was a great summer of intensity and high drama of planning. The ACS conference goers went away so happy and intoxicated on Vermont. Sometime we worry that we are too provincial for our burgeoning trade. It all clicked. Here we are happy and enjoying our busiest Fall production season ever. A heart felt thanks to all of you.

No comments: